Friday, February 1, 2013

Wikis

In the beginning I was very shy about using the wikis on PBworks. After a while of getting familiar and warming up to the wiki process, layout, and purpose I have found it to be a very useful tool. The wiki will be a great way for me to set up art history lessons, get my students communicating with each other or me, have posts on local artists or artists abroad, get students involved in discussion about their projects in my class or about other artists projects, and much more. This tool is such a unique and different way to visually aid me in my art classroom. Through the wiki I want to help my students become comfortable with technology and the wonderful things it can do. In my experience I have had a lot of interaction with technology but I have not always been given the proper uses of it. I do not want, and do not think, that my students will have as much trouble as me, however, for those students that are not as familiar with technology, the wiki can be a great step to helping them understand it in a fun, interactive, and useful learning way. Creativity is going to be the main focus in my classroom, making art is the purpose. I have learned how to incorporate technology through the wikis into my classroom in a creative way for students to be able to learn by hands on doing through projects or the wiki page of our class. This can be a great tool for my students to contact me or each other outside the classroom setting or to share whatever is on their creative minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment